Thursday, July 25, 2013

Discrimination

Racism, prejudice and discrimination have been a part of human society for a very long time. I mostly believe in equality (where applicable), but sometimes the politically incorrect truth must be said out loud.

There are people in our society who, sadly, adhere very strictly to rather offensive stereotypes. An entire slice of the population, which really appears to deserve different treatment.

They are extremely uneducated; you'd be hard pressed to find one of them that knows how to read or write, or has even the most rudimentary mathematical skills. None of them has ever made any significant contribution to any scientific field, and none of them has achieved anything in any of the liberal arts.

They tend to, as a general rule, altogether neglect their civic duties. They seldom hold a job, they do not pay taxes, and only in very rare cases do they serve in the military.

They appear to be exempt from most laws. They do not get prosecuted or punished for vandalism, in which they engage often. They noisily disturb the peace at night and the police will not come for them. They accost random passersby in the street, and even sexually harass and face no punishment. No jail time, no fines, no sex offenders registry.

Worst of all, they still get taken care of. They live on my dime and yours. We, the productive members of society, are responsible for their well-being, for their health and prosperity. They give nothing, and take everything.

I feel that the inclusion of these people in our modern human society brings us great peril, and something must be done before it's too late.



I seem to run across too many militant vegans these days. For some reason, they appear to be convinced that animals are people, and deserve the same rights as humans.

Needless to say, I find the idea completely ludicrous. Allow me to elaborate:

Cows don't pay taxes.
Chickens don't serve in the army.
Cats aren't prosecuted for vandalism.
Dogs don't get registered as sex offenders.
No pig has ever made a significant scientific discovery.
No goose has ever written a symphony or painted a landscape.

While I won't be as insensitive as to suggest that they lack the capacity, evidence clearly shows that they lack the will. They are completely parasitic, they contribute nothing to the advancement of either our species or theirs, but we give them food and a place to sleep, we give them love and provide healthcare. Oftentimes, a human who finds a poor homeless cat, or dog, or really any animal at all, will give it shelter and food. When have you ever seen an animal extend the same favor to an orphaned human?

So, no, I do not believe that animals are people. I will not support their right to elect or get elected. I will not support their right to get a driving license. I do not believe that the state needs to spend money on their education. And, most importantly, since they aren't people, I will choose whether or not to eat them in chili sauce in my own discretion.

I am not a murderous bastard. I do not kick puppies and I do not burn kittens. I do not step on ants, and I peacefully coexist with the praying mantis that has, apparently, taken residence in my apartment since last night. I will, however, place the interests of my species above those of other species. I will not sacrifice my health, nor my happiness, to protect a bunch of cows, and I do not think that any other human should, either.

Animals are food. All of them. If they don't get eaten by humans, they will get eaten by something else. Feral animals do not lead a long peaceful life of self fulfillment and die in their beds at a ripe old age; they get chased through various terrains knowing full well that one misstep will lead to their untimely demise. They get sick, they get hungry; nature is not the perfect utopia imagined by certain people, not even close. Feral cows are eaten quite savagely by various predators, and never have I seen a lion protesting with a "Meat is murder!" placard.

Above all, I must pity these militant vegans. Comparing carnivores to Nazis, and eating meat to the holocaust... assuming no serious brain dysfunction, this implies a sincere belief that over 90% of all humans are monstrous homicidal maniacs, devoid of any morals or emotions, fueled by insatiable lust for blood. I cannot imagine what it must be like, living with that belief, fearful of every person you see on the street. In all fairness, if you believe humans are like that, then maybe I can see the sense in "animals are people".

Or maybe they don't really believe that and just enjoy the intense provocation. Maybe they have made some personal decision and are having so much trouble with it that they absolutely have to deliberately alienate nearly all of mankind.

But one thing is certain: whatever they may believe, or claim to believe, there do not appear to be any vegans currently campaigning in favor of making animals work, pay taxes, and obey the law in exchange for equal rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment